Guide to Running a Club or Society
Need some help on running a club or society?
This guide covers a large range of information including affiliation, administration, finance management, promotion and event management.
Need some help? Check out our range of ‘How To’ documents:
- How to Claim Your Affiliation Funding
- How to Change Bank Signatories
- How to Complete Committee Handover
- How To Fundraise Money
- How to Host an AGM or SGM
- How to Plan an Event
- How to Prepare for Market Days
- How to Write a Presidents Report
Any suggestions or still need help? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Affiliation Reimbursement Form (Must be submitted when claiming affiliation funding from UC Life!)
- Clubs and societies cannot claim funding for the purchase of alcohol or University Games expenses. All funding claimed from UC Life! must be used to benefit the entire club and its members.
- Semester 1 funding claims can be submitted for expenses made during the Semester 1 affiliation-funding period (1st December from the previous year – 30th June).
- Semester 2 funding claims can be submitted for expenses made during the Semester 2 affiliation-funding period (1st July – 30th November).
- All funding claims must be submitted by midnight on the due date, including any submissions that are filled out incorrectly will not be accepted after midnight.
- Ensure you submit early to ensure there are no issues or mistakes with your submission. Please email completed forms to email@example.com for Social/Cultural Clubs and to firstname.lastname@example.org for Sporting Clubs. No hard copies will be accepted.
If your club doesn’t have the funds in your club account to make a purchase, talk to us about getting your quote/invoice pre-paid
- Please note the requirements for Pooled Funding changed from February 2017. Pooled funding requests for Semester 1 were to made at the same time as submitting affiliation documents. Pooled funding requests can be made for Semester 2 with affiliation in Semester 2.
- For managing reimbursements from club to members/executives when purchases are made on the Clubs behalf.
- Once the person needing to be reimbursed has completed the form and copied receipts, the form is to be submitted to the Treasurer (If the person being reimbursed is the Treasurer they would send it to the President). Once the Treasurer has received the form, with another signatory (not the person being reimbursed) they reimburse the person via online banking or at the Commonwealth Branch. Both signatories must then sign the bottom of the Internal Reimbursement Form. The form must be kept with the receipts that were provided with the clubs financial records.
Club Event Registration
To be covered by UC insurance all clubs must resister all events on the UC Life! events register. You can also use this to request UC Life! to promote your events.
Recently UC Life! has implemented a treasurer cash record spreadsheet to assist clubs with tracking their finances. Please find below helpful instructions and examples on how to use the spreadsheet. Please use this first if you have any questions then if you have any further issues please email email@example.com
Policies, Guidelines and Rules
When managing and belonging to a club, it is vital that you make yourself aware of and abide by the various UC Life! Club Policies and Guidelines.
A good way to promote your club and gain more memberships is to set up a stall during Market Days. These occur every Wednesday during semester on the main concourse from 11am – 2pm.
If you wish to book a stall for Market Day you must fill out the following booking form by 9am the Monday the week you wish to book for (i.e. 2 days in advance).
To book a BBQ please complete the booking form below. Please note each club is limited to two BBQs per semester on a Wednesday.
If you wish to book a BBQ you must fill out the following booking form at least 2 weeks in advance. UC Life! will then contact you to confirm whether or not the BBQ is available on your requested date.
Please keep your club committee contact details up to date when the committee changes. Please fill out the spreadsheet below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org within a week of the committee changing.
Do you have some members leaving your committee? Is your AGM coming up? Click the link below to register your vacant positions to the UC Life community.
Where a club/society enters into a dispute, they must refer to the Crisis Management Document. If the club/society is unable to resolve the dispute, they shall arrange a meeting with UC Life! Campus Life Coordinator
UC Life! Office
Building 1: The Hub – Across from Cafe Mizzuna
Phone: 0458 712 214 or 0458 709 183